I was spending too much time trying to determine what format my “year in review” post should take. At dinner today, my wife shared with us some New Year worksheets she’d found online that we had each filled out last year. So, instead of making up some fancy format, I’ll borrow it from the worksheet I filled out.
- This went well as I continued my fourth year of weekly French lessons and went another year without missing a single day on Duolingo. It feels like I’m at a sort of intermediate plateau, but I’ll keep trucking along.
- Nothing to report here as I spent my “musical” time on the drums (see below).
- Eat fewer carbs
- This went OK… sometimes. I have a feeling this is going to be a lifelong goal of mine. 😅
- How to make furniture
- I didn’t end up doing any large pieces for the house, but I did make a laying box and “mobile” roosting bars for our chickens. Also, a squatty potty.
- How to play drums
- Reading one book per month
- This did… not go well. I wasn’t able to find a consistent time through most of the year which worked for reading. I finally pulled it together in the last 3 months of 2021 and eked out 3 books. I shall try again this year for a book a month.
Additionally, I spent ~45min reviewing last year’s calendar (week-by-week) and last year’s photos. Here is a sample of highlights I pulled from this exercise.
- We harvested some excellent food from our garden.
- We got excellent food from our CSA!
- The rain brought some awesome fungi.
- I participated in a 6-month Mindful Leadership Practicum that helped me start thinking and writing about management (and related topics).
- Some fawns lived by our house for a few months!
- I started bidding in online Estate Sales. It’s sort of odd, but it’s a good way to get some great second hand items for cheap (sometimes).
- Somewhat rare Pink Lady’s Slipper flowers grow on our property.
- And, in general, all sorts of good time outside alone, with family and with friends.
If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading. Let’s see what 2022 has in store for us.